Saturday 2 October 2010

Cookbook of the Month - October

  It is with great pleasure that I announce this month's Cookbook of the Month - Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson.


Yes that's right, Nigella, is back with one beautiful, engaging and tempting compendium with 190 recipes, including over 60 express-style at 30 minutes or under.

Here is what Nigella's website has to say about 'Kitchen':

“…this book is simply the story of my love affair with the kitchen. Whatever the opposite of the currently still fashionable genre, the misery memoir, might be, this is it: a comfort chronicle.”

Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home is Nigella’s first book since seasonal bestseller, Nigella Christmas, was published in 2008. In true Nigella style, Kitchen is about the food we eat now, the way we eat and live today; feel-good food from the most important room in the house.

Informative and engaging, Kitchen offers food for both cooks and eaters that is comforting but always seductive, nostalgic but with a modern twist, from “express” style recipes for the time-strapped, hectic week or leisurely slow-cook dishes for weekends and special occasions. It answers everyday cooking quandaries – from how to rustle up a meal for friends in moments to what to do about those black bananas – and since real cooking is so often about leftovers, Nigella makes “leftovers right”, by showing us how to morph one recipe into another, from ham hocks to peas soups and pastries, braised chicken to Chinatown salad.


As well as offering the reader an array of inspired new recipes – from clams with chorizo to Guinness gingerbread – Nigella rounds up her no-nonsense kitchen kit must-haves in the way of equipment and magical standby ingredients. Above all, she reminds the reader how much pleasure there is to be had in real food and in reclaiming the traditional rhythms of the kitchen.

Photo courtesy of Daily Mail, UK

Over the next month, I'll be bringing you recipes from Nigella's latest book and I simply cannot wait to get started. There are some absoultely fantastic recipes in there that I just have to try and share with you all. Venetian carrot cake, Butternut, rocket and pine nut salad, Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, Haloumi with Beetroot and Lime, Pina Colada ice cream .. it certainly is going to be a difficult task choosing the recipes, but I think I'm up to the challenge ;)
Photo courtesy of Daily Mail, UK

 'Kitchen' has just been released in Australia and Nigella is currently filming the latest BBC series to accompany the book. So.. by following this month's Cookbook of the Month you could well be some of the first people anywhere to get your hands on these recipes, and that just has to be a good thing! Hopefully then by the end of the month you'll be able to make up your mind as to whether or not this book has a place in your collection of cookbooks (but something tells me this one is a no-brainer!)


Stay tuned...

Ladybird x

9 comments:

  1. Awww, Nigella. I can't wait to see you stuffing your face with leftovers of your new recipes!

    Look forward to seeing the recipes :) And getting a copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of 'comfort chronicle' That middle photo is a bit freaky, where are Nigellas lovely curves? A bit too bony now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am looking forward to seeing this months recipes! I like the sound of express recipes too :)
    I have to agree with the last comment, I hate when they airbrush so they dont even look like themselves anymore, such a shame becuase shes so naturally beautiful.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not had the pleasure to read nor cook from any of Nigella's recipes, so looking forward to the recipes from this month!! I've heard so many good things about her books, so tempting to go get my own too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nigella! Watching her cook is what I do to chill out. Looking forward to your review of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to read more about your post with her recipes! I haven't get hold a copy yet but I am pretty sure it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nigella's become so glam! I'm dreaming of the day (not too far off) when I, too, will bake cupcakes in a pink ballgown :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha :D That centre photo is an old one.. from 2008 I think, but I too thought she looked rather glam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing this serie of recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails